Panoramic view of the dockyard at Naples
View of the dockyard at Naples, by Caspar (Jasper, Gasper, Gaspar, Gaspare) van Wittel (Vanvitelli) (Amersfoort (1652/3 - Rome 1736). Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, ca. 1700-1718).
The royal palace is visible on the left, and the Castel Nuovo on the right. They are joined by the still existing arches, over which the Certosa di San Martino monastry looms in the distance.
Approximately the same location today.
next episode: a camp