I always seem to have a chronic lack of time. Luckily there are many tips floating around on the interwebs. Here are some recommendations which work for me:
- Start with something you most dread to do, or with something which will gives you a structural result (so don't start with your social media, e-mails, TV, etc).
- Start right away, don't go eating first. Breakfast / diner can wait.
- Go the extra mile; when you tired and/or not in the mood anymore try to continue for a little while before you stop.
- When the task is large try to do a little bit every day, every trip around the world always starts with a first step.
- Work with deadlines (and promise yourself rewards).
- Get as much done as early in the day as you can (get out of bed early).
- When you're not in the mood: go away and do something active (walking, clean the house, etc).
- Stay in your circle: only focus on the direct task at hand. This prevents brooding and choking.
- Create habits. For example every Monday night you do a specific task.
- Make every day a ranked list with the most important things to do.
Now go forth and be fruitful and creative!